If you don’t like to have your homes on C: .
- Boot your computer using your installation CD and change to a command line prompt. Check where your drives are now. For this example lets say boot disk C: is on D: and your data disk D: is showing up on E:
- Create a folder users on your target drive using md e:\users
- move all content of D:\users to e:\users , your new home folder
- Now link your target to the original user home – mklink e:\users d:\users /j
- After rebooting your system your OS thinks c:\users ist still the users home but the physical location is now the new drive.